Re: postgresql performance tuning document ?

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: postgresql performance tuning document ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Again, I'm not sure this doesn't belong on -general but have left the -hackers
in the distribution list so it can be seen there.

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> I see files truncated at 1Gb on my Linux server:
>
> -rw-------    1 postgres users    855490560 Aug  6 20:53 795261707.2
> -rw-------    1 postgres users    943259648 Aug  8 23:34 823049708
> -rw-------    1 postgres users    1073741824 Aug  6 20:53 795261707.1
> -rw-------    1 postgres users    1073741824 Aug  6 20:53 795261707
>
> I'm wondering if postgresql doesn't have LARGE_FILES support ?

Those look like PostgreSQL's data files (from the context of the email) is that
so? And if so, have you got a requirement for having large data files? It seems
an odd requirement especially as I'd say you have approaching 3GB in one table
so you're not too far off getting to 4GB and can the host system handle such
files?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director