Re: Better handling of parse errors

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: Better handling of parse errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Can we see some sample output?

template1=# select * frum pg_class;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "frum" at character 10
template1=# select relname from pg_class a excepr select relname from
pg_class limit a;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "excepr" at character 32
template1=# create table a (desc int);
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "desc" at character 17

Gavin

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Attached is a small patch to scan.l for consideration. It hands
> > yyerror() the position in the query string of the token which caused a
> > parse error. It is not even close to an implementation of error handling
> > a-la SQL99 but it certainly makes debugging complicated queries easier.
> >
> > I've done some testing and it appears to hit the offending token pretty
> > accurately.
> >
> > Can anyone find a way to break this? If not, I'd love to see it in 7.3.
> >
> > Gavin

> [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > http://archives.postgresql.org

Сообщение: Re: Better handling of parse errors
Сообщение: Re: Better handling of parse errors