Re: Referential integrity doesn't work?

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: Referential integrity doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 Aug 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> I tried to duplicate your findings and two things of note occured.
> First, on postgres 7.2 your function actualiza_cuenta() doesn't seem to
> execute properly, which causes any inserts to fail by throwing an error.
> This begs the question of what version your running...

I forgot to mention I tried the script having commented out the function and
trigger because I didn't have pl/pgsql loaded in the database I was using for
it.

However, the mention of the function failing raises a question for me. I don't
think I've seen this in the documentation, my apologies if it's there or a
blindingly obvious fact, so does the trigger get run if I do something like:

BEGIN;
INSERT INTO mytable VALUES (...);
CREATE TRIGGER mytrigger BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON mytable blah, blah, blah...
COMMIT;

I would have said not but Robert's comment seems to be saying it is.

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director

---