Re: URGENT! pg_dump doesn't work!

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: URGENT! pg_dump doesn't work!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Wim <wdh@belbone.be> writes:
> > I have a problem with my postgres 7.2.1 database.
> > I can't perform a pg_dump one my database...
> > The message I get back is:
>
> Odd.  I am thinking this might be a corrupted-data problem.
>
> If you are lucky, the corruption is in an index, and you can fix it
> by rebuilding the system indexes.  Read the REINDEX reference page
> (carefully, it's a convoluted procedure)

Tom,

That's why I went down the hardware question. Given the error reported by Wim
though seems to be a memory allocation, actually freeing, fault would data
corruption in any persistent storage object be suspect?

I suppose it worth checking that the error persists across a backend
restart. Wim?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director