Re: size of function body

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Re: size of function body
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[...]
> > pl_funcs.c:15: unterminated character constant
> > pl_funcs.c:17: unterminated character constant
> It compiles fine here.  You sure you got a clean download?

After I did a "make distclean", ran configure again and made the necessary
changes for supporting more than 16 function parameters, it compiled fine
for me, too. Maybe "make clean" just wasn't enough this time.

Installed and tested. Added the testing UPDATE statement again. It works.
Added the testing UPDATE statement 20 times more, just to get the code
larger. Even this way it works, now. Seems like patching pl_funcs.c fixed
that bug for me! So the 8190/2 byte limit for the bug occuring was more or
less accidently... *shrugs*

Maybe we can have a bug description included in the online error docs
somewhere, so others can use it for future reference?

Many thanks for your friendly help.

Kind regards
... Ralph ... happy child again