Re: determining database size

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: determining database size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Jeff Davis wrote:

> I would just like to know how to determine the size of a database. The
> directories inside the data directory are numerical, so I can't associate
> them with a particular database or table.
>
> I would basically just like to create reports so I can determine how fast the
> disk usage is increasing.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you look at the relpages column in pg_class for the tables, etc. in your
database(s) I think you should be able to add up the storage used.

On a related note, sort of, I see in pg_database a column for datpath. Does
this indicate that we can move entire databases to other locations by changing
this field?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director