Re: [JDBC] implementing query timeout

От Jessica Perry Hekman
Тема Re: [JDBC] implementing query timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> You bet, but it would be done in the backend, not in jdbc.  Is that OK?

Theoretically this is okay. I am more comfortable in Java than in C and I
hadn't looked at the backend code at all, but I'll take a peek and see if
it looks like something I'd feel comfortable doing.

> I have some ideas that should make it pretty easy.  If you set an
> alarm() in the backend on transaction start, then call the query
> cancel() code if the alarm() goes off, that should do it.  Of course,
> you reset the alarm if the query finishes before the timeout.

Sounds straightforward enough. Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at this
before the end of this week.

Thanks!

Jessica

Сообщение: Re: Survey results on Oracle/M$NT4 to PG72/RH72 migration
Сообщение: Re: Survey results on Oracle/M$NT4 to PG72/RH72 migration