Re: CLUSTER TODO item

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: CLUSTER TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Note: I'm not convinced that relfilenode and pg_class.oid are each
> used in exactly the right spots.  Once we have cases where they can
> differ, we may well find some bugs to flush out.  But that needs to
> happen anyway, so don't let it dissuade you from doing CLUSTER the
> right way.

I think I may have broken stuff. I'm not sure. I've fiddled a fair bit but
I'm still segfaulting in the storage manager. It might be because I'm
heap_creating and then just stealing relfilenode - I don't know.

Anyway, a patch is attached which clusters and then recreates the indexes
- but then segfaults.

Am I going about this all wrong?

Thanks

Gavin