Re: vacuumlo.

От Grant
Тема Re: vacuumlo.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Is it possible to get [vacuumlo] included in the main vacuumdb program for
> > support to vacuum orphaned large objects?
>
> Hmm.  I'm not convinced that vacuumlo is ready for prime time...
> in particular, how safe is it in the presence of concurrent
> transactions that might be adding or removing LOs?

I see large objects for each database are stored in pg_largeobject referenced
by the loid. So when I delete a file from a table containing an oid type I have
to make sure to delete the matching row(s) from pg_largeobject.

Can you see a scenario where a programmer would forget to delete the data from
pg_largeobject and the database becoming very large filled with orphaned large
objects? Or am I on the wrong track?