Re: Re: Need for newbie friendly docs (was Newbie struggling...)

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Re: Need for newbie friendly docs (was Newbie struggling...)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Justin Clift wrote:

> Newbies have interesting ideas sometimes too.  After all, they've spent
> their time learning about something OTHER than Unix.  :-)

something... other... than... unix.... ?

Justin, I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you give us an example? ;-)

But really: sure! Oracle, ferinstance, realizes that many people run Unix
*because* they want to run Oracle in a stable server environment. People
may be making the same decision about PostgreSQL.

We shouldn't have to write this, though... if people could contribute the
great 'basics of Unix you need to know to be a decent DBA' stuff that's
already on the web, we'd have plenty.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>