Re: Re: BETWEEN clause

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Re: BETWEEN clause
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > see "\h comment" for more on comments/descriptions.
> > (anybody using those for anything, by the way?)

I often link PG dbs to Access front ends, and have a VBA script that digs
the descriptions out of the pg_desc table to use as the Access description
(which the Access GUI automatically shows as help, etc.)

So, yes, I find them useful.

One small point I learned recently: you can used regular expressions with
the \d* commands. So, to find all functions that start with 'web_':

\df web_

to find all that *contain* web:

\df .*web_.*

Nifty!

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

Сообщение: Re: Insert data into multiple tables
Сообщение: Re: Insert data into multiple tables