Re: max. size for a table

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: max. size for a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Albert wrote:

> Hi all~~
>
> In the documentation of "Limitations of PostgreSQL", the maximum size for a
> table is 64TB on all operating system.
> I am using Linux(the limitation size of ext2 file is 2GB).
> Would anyone tell me if there is any solution to make a table large than 2GB
> in Linux using PostgreSQL.
> Thank you very much.

There are many patches for Linux kernels that remove the 2GB limit (or
alternate filesystems to ext2).

If you're not sure where to start, try a google search : '2GB limitation
remove', which returns a bunch of hits.

Good luck,
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>

От: Nils Zonneveld
Сообщение: Re: pgSQL 7.1
От: Joel Burton
Сообщение: 7.2 request: other quoting mechanism for PLs?