Re: Re: \i command

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Re: \i command
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Najm Hashmi wrote:

> Joel Burton wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Najm Hashmi wrote:
> >
> > >     From pgsql, I try to insert data in table using the \i command. Nothing
> > > takes place and after this command pgsql is hung... i cant use it any more.
> > > The same command works with all other tables but this is only one I am having
> > > problem with.
> > > I have attached my file with message. Could someone help me out here what is
> > > the reason for this behaviour.
> >
> > Can you do manual inserts into the table?
> > Can you insert just a few records using \i?
> > Can you vacuum the table?
>
> Hi, No I can't even do manaul insert on that particular table. This is really
> weird. Could this table's internals be corrupted?
>  One  more thing, if I run the same file on another db it works just fine. I am
> just wondering what is wrong with the structure.
> Thank you for replying..... Anyone else has an idea about it????
> Regards.

The problem is almost certainly not w/your structure at all. Your tables
has probably just become corrupted. Can you vacuum it? Can you dump it
and recreate it?

(You may also want to try running postmaster at a higher level of debug
and checking the logs.)

Good luck,

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>