Re: information on users

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: information on users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Nick T wrote:

> Howdy all:
>
> I'm brand new to postgresql, so don't beat me too severely about the head
> and shoulders over this question.
>
> I see that we can add users and delete or drop users.  As the database
> administrator, I'd like to be able to view all of the users and all of the
> information about them.  Couldn't find out how to do this in the
> documentation.  Could anyone tell me how to do this?  If there is no utility
> for this, is there a file that I can view that has this info?

Welcome to PostgreSQL.

There are 'system catalog tables' that hold information about your
database. If you use the command \dS in the psql, you'll get the full list
of these system tables.

pg_user contains the user information, and can be viewed by
everyone. pg_shadow contains user information plus sensitive password
information, and can be viewed only by the superuser.

HTH,
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>