Re: Sheduling in SQL

От Vincent AE Scott
Тема Re: Sheduling in SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Paul wrote:

> Sorry, if I used not corresponding mailing list, but I really dont
> know where to send such email.
>
> Is that possible to add one more SQL command to Postgres? The problem
> that IMHO no one RDBMS allows SQL command for sheduling. To support
> sheduling SQL programmers have to use outer tools to periodically
> check database if event commit. But IMHO it's much better to add one
> more SQL command to allow sheduling in same SQL.
>
> My thoughts about such command follow:

one option for doing this, ( in a fairly non-portable way ), is to create
a 'C' function contained in a shared library.  on most unixen you can put
in _init and _fini functions such that when the library is dlopened/closed
the functions execute.  simply create a thread in the _init, that sits
arround on a timer, then does some stuff.  not ideal, but an option

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Сообщение: Re: rtrim giving weird result
Сообщение: Re: rtrim giving weird result