Re: Postgre and Redhat 7.0

От ERIC Lawson - x52010
Тема Re: Postgre and Redhat 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Steve,

I'm using pg at home on RH 7, but not intensively.  What I discovered when
I first tried to use it, as I recall, as loaded with the system, was that
RH had not assigned a home directory to the postgres user.  I don't recall
the details, but I think there may've been other little problems like
that, which I had to overcome before it was operational.  As I said,
however, I don't use it intensively at home, so I might not have
encountered bugs buried a bit deeper.

You may've gotten this advice already, but ... your best bet might be to
learn how, build and install pg from source.  Elsewise, you might want to
use RH support to walk you through the solutions to the problems you're
encountering with the RPM installation.

regards,
Eric

--

James Eric Lawson
Research Publications Editor III

eric@bioeng.washington.edu

Everyday language is a part of the human organism and is no less
complicated than it. - Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) [Tractatus
Logico-Philosophicus, 1921]