Re: BLCKSZ 0?

От Dominic J. Eidson
Тема Re: BLCKSZ 0?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Dominic J. Eidson" <sauron@the-infinite.org> writes:
>
> > root@blue:/usr/local/pgsql# su postgres -c "bin/postmaster -D
> > /usr/local/pgsql/data "
> > DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Tue Feb 27 22:31:51 2001
> > FATAL 2:  database was initialized with BLCKSZ 0,
> >         but the backend was compiled with BLCKSZ 8192.
> >         looks like you need to initdb.
>
> Read that again --- it did *not* say it was compiled with BLCKSZ 0.
> It said (or meant, anyway) it found zero in the pg_control field that
> indicates the BLCKSZ in use in the database.  Something's broken with
> your pg_control file ... care to give more details?

Admin installed PostgreSQL 7.0(.x?) - clueless coder comes along sometime
later, decides to install 6.5.3, because debian apt-get doesn't have
7.0(.x) yet. Doesn't pg_dumpall, doesn't back up anyting (not even just a
tar of /usr/local/pgsql) Believing he lost all of his DB setup, admin
contacts me to try to get things back up and running. He claims apt-get
installed the binaries in a different place (and assumes .deb package
installs the data directory elsewhere as well.) So I tried to start up the
DB using the (supposedly) old/original binaries, and the old data
directory, which is when I get the above message(s).

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli