Re: selecting a random record

От Arun Malhotra - Roll No.99007
Тема Re: selecting a random record
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi
I dont know exactly why u need this but this can be done in MySQL/PERL

create a file called random.pl
i select a random reecord from Temp table with PK temp_id

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

use Mysql;
$i   = (10*rand())%10;

$dbh = Mysql->Connect('localhost','DBNAME','root');

$sth = $dbh->Query("Select * from Temp");
$no  = $dbh->Query("Select COUNT(temp_id) from Temp");
@nr  = $sth->FetchRow;

for($n=0; $n<@nr[0]; $n++)
{
    @row = $sth->FetchRow;