Re: Index problem

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Index problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane writes:

> We have talked about fixing this by saving the active LOCALE variables
> at initdb time, and having the postmaster adopt those values whenever
> it's started.  But it hasn't got done yet.  (Peter, would it be
> easy to make GUC handle this?  There'd need to be some way to cause
> guc.c to do a putenv() ...)

I thought pg_control was the place for this.  Any idea how long a locale
string can legally be?  Doesn't look too hard beyond that.

Then again, perhaps this should be a per-database thing, much like the
encoding.  The postmaster doesn't do any collating, so it should be safe
to have different locale in different backends. -- Unless someone puts an
index on pg_database.datname. :-)