Re: WAL status update

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: WAL status update
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vadim Mikheev writes:

> WAL with rollforward logic is available for testing but yet requires
> re-compiling with -DXLOG flag. Note that regress tests are passed but
> it doesn't mean anything. What is required is testing how recovery
> does work (just run pg_ctl -m i stop after some changes in db and test
> db after restart). Also, I've tested it for single running transaction
> only. xlog.c:XLOG_DEBUG is on currently and results in high output to
> stderr.

The first test did not go very well.  I did a fresh compile, initdb,
started the postmaster, ran 'make installcheck' (sequential regression
tests), and sent a kill -QUIT to the postmaster during the numeric test.
Then I restarted the postmaster and got a load of lines like

REDO @ 0/434072; LSN 0/434100: prev 0/433992; xprev 0/433992; xid
17278: Transaction - commit: 2000-10-31 23:21:29
REDO @ 0/434100; LSN 0/434252: prev 0/434072; xprev 0/0; xid 17279: Heap -
insert: node 19008/1259; cid 0; tid 1/43

after which it finished with

Startup failed - abort