Re: UnixWare 7.1.1b FS

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: UnixWare 7.1.1b FS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman writes:

> OK, then please allow --with-CC and --with-CXX.  I tried it, and it
> didn't honor the --with-CXX option.  Please also document same in
> ./configure --help.

The C compiler is chosen with the CC environment variable.  That is
documented.

The C++ compiler can be chosen with the CXX environment variable, which is
not documented, because it's usually not a good idea (shared library
problems, really a bug).  Instead the template file should set the CCC
variable to pick the preferred C++ compiler.  See for example how hpux or
solaris do it.

And the --with-CXX option is honored, but only if you don't override it in
the template file. :)