Re: Solaris FAQ

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Solaris FAQ
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I see in makefiles/Makefile.solaris:
>
> %.so: %.o
>     $(LD) -G -Bdynamic -o $@ $<
>                  ^^^^^^^^^
>
> Is that OK?

This is unrelated.  The issue at hand is that the postgres/postmaster
executable must export its symbols so that the dynamically loaded modules
(e.g., PL handlers) can refer back to them.  Normally this is done using
-Wl,-E when linking the postmaster executable.  However, the Solaris
linker does not have this option, I believe it does it by default.  So we
have to first find out what linker is being used and then write something
like

if {GNU ld}
export_dynamic := -Wl,-E
endif