Re: ODBC problem - crypt..

От Cedar Cox
Тема Re: ODBC problem - crypt..
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yup; see SSL.
>
> IIRC this was one of the reasons why a sniff-proof password security
> protocol didn't seem like a critical issue.

Ooooh-K.  Sounds good, but I know next to nothing about SSL.  Where is a
good place to start?  Had a look at the PG source, from the looks of it, a
SSL link is established before any other data is sent (including
username/password), correct?  Are there any special libraries required for
compiling PG with SSL support?  Also, what about use of SSL inside/outside
the US?
Now for the big question:  Does the ODBC driver support SSL connections?
-Cedar