Re: Docs reorganization

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Docs reorganization
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> > If we're already at that point then we can abandon the separate user.sgml,
> > etc. and make links across books, right?
>
> Uh, I don't think so. It is unrealistic to have a 6-800 page hardcopy
> doc set as a single volume, so the individual docs should continue to be
> built.

I think the idea was to take the RTF file and split it at the boundaries.
If I remember right then you already tried that and considered in
workable.

Otherwise this whole change would have been pointless because now the
integrated doc looks exactly like the individual ones only with an extra
title page.  Then we might as well get rid of that, but I think the intent
was to make them all into one set to enable cross-links.  I can't find the
original discussion right now (no archives of pgsql-docs available?) but I
thought that was the plan.