Re: table as field type??

От Tod McQuillin
Тема Re: table as field type??
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, David Diller wrote:

> I noticed that it's possible to have a table as a field type.
> For example:
> create table foo (val1  integer);
> create table bar (val2 foo);
>
> val2 in table bar ends up as an int4, designed for storing an oid from
> table foo.
> Is there a way to perform a query on bar that will return values from table
> foo (i.e., val1)?

I didn't know you could use a table name as a type either.  I thought
something like this might join the tables:

select val1 from foo, bar where bar.val2::oid = foo.oid ;

But I get "ERROR:  Cannot cast type 'foo' to 'oid'"

You can't seem to cast an oid into a foo either.
--
Tod McQuillin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: