pg_dumpall problems

От g
Тема pg_dumpall problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I need to know how to cast types. Here's my basic problem:
I'm trying to:

update products set list_price = gsa_price * 1.1 where list_price =
gsa_price;

The error I get back is:

ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '*' for types 'numeric' and
'float8' You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

So, I'm assuming that I need to cast the value 1.1 as a numeric so that I
will be multiplying a numeric times a numeric.

Then I realized I had no idea what the syntax to do the cast was.

Thanks for info

Water overcomes the stone;
Without substance it requires no opening;
This is the benefit of taking no action.
            Lao-Tse

Brian Knox
Senior Systems Engineer
brian@govshops.com