Re: pg_dump, libdump, dump API, & backend again

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_dump, libdump, dump API, & backend again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner writes:

> >* order
>
> This is an issue for the client. I am not proposing a
> 'Dump_The_Entire_Datbase' call; just a
> 'Dump_One_Thing_And_A_List_Of_Dependencies' call.

How? Functions can only return one value reliably.

> >* How to resolve circular dependencies?
>
> Issue for the client.

Not really. If you have a circular dependency `table --(column default)-->
function --(reads)--> table' then you need to dump the table differently
(perhaps leave out the constraint and add it after the function is
created).