Re: pgsql/src/backend/parser (Makefile)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql/src/backend/parser (Makefile)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane writes:

> No, he wants to be able to edit gram.y (changing parse.h) and other
> files (using parse.h) in parser, then do a "make" in that directory to
> see if it compiles.  As things were, he had to start the make at backend
> top level just to see if the parser compiles, because there was no other
> way to get include/parser/parse.h up to date.  But you might be right
> that a symlink would be a better answer.

Some of the files in backend/parser include fmgroids.h, so in order to
build anything there you have to build the backend at least once before
you start fiddling with the parser. Once you have done that there will be
a symlink from backend/parser/parse.h to include/parser/parse.h, so
whatever you recompile backend/parser locally the changes to parse.h get
propagated automatically.

The only thing this change would work around is if you do

- fresh source
- configure
- cd src/backend/parser
- make

but that won't work anyway, as I mentioned.