Re: more ODBC driver

От Cedar Cox
Тема Re: more ODBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
> It looks like the & operators are being translated to the ODBC notation
> {fn concat(a,b)}, which isn't valid SQL.  The ODBC driver is supposed
> to translate that to the Postgres equivalent, namely textcat(a,b).
> Unfortunately our ODBC driver isn't bright enough to do that for nested
> function calls, and as you can see in the SQL log only the outermost
> instance is getting fixed properly.

I see says the blind man... makes sense..

> Probably the best short-term workaround is to write the query using
> the Postgres function to begin with:
>
> SELECT ..., textcat(T1.Name,textcat(' ',textcat(T2.Name,textcat(' ', ...

I saw this need coming but wanted to avoid it.  I think what I'll do is
place a tag somewhere USEODBC=? and use this to decide which SQL to use,
ODBC or Jet.  Our unfortunate situation is that the guy developing the
Access end is unable to run PG anywhere so his datasource has to be a
.mdb file (any suggestions?).

> I'm not sure if we have a TODO item to fix the ODBC driver's function
> translation code, but we should...
>
>             regards, tom lane

What's the time table?  Anyone expecting to work on this any time
soon?  I'd help but I don't know C very well and I have no development
tools in Win95.  :(  -or is that :)

..
Matthew <matt@ctlno.com>:
> It's not easy to find, but there is an ODBC install
> that you can download from the MS website.

Thanks.. That's what I wanted to know.. I've been able to find things
before in MS's archives even when I didn't know what I was looking for.. I
just wanted to know if what I'm looking for exists before looking :)

Thanks for the quick reply
-Cedar