Re: Find all the dates in the calendar week?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Find all the dates in the calendar week?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> I just didn't implement the corresponding "year" code at least partly
> because I wasn't sure what to call it. 'iyear' seems like a pretty good
> choice, or should it be 'isoyear'? 'year' is already used, obviously,
> and if 'iyear' is chosen then perhaps I should change 'week' to 'iweek'
> for consistancy. Comments?

Then we should probably rather change 'year' to something else. Standards
should be preferred. Out of curiosity, what's the difference between
ISO-year and proprietary-year? I can see the week-of-year thing, but the
year of a year is always constant, no?

Btw., isn't there an SQL EXTRACT function for all of this? Shouldn't we be
thinking in terms of that?

IMHO, the "Oracle-week" is pretty brain-dead. You can get that from
day-of-year % 7. The next thing they tell us is that the month of the year
is really day-of-year % 30.