Re: Misc. consequences of backend memory management changes

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Misc. consequences of backend memory management changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Will anyone object if I make CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY defined by default
> until 7.1 release is near?

> To help catch such problems sooner, it'd be a good idea to have
> conditionally-compiled test code that forces *every* generated parse
> and plan tree to be passed through copyObject().  Again, I propose
> setting up config.h symbols for this and turning them on by default
> during the 7.1 development phase.

I've been thinking that we need a configure option for this sort of stuff,
like
  --enable-debug=memory,lock,foo,noipc

which would result in

#define MEMORY_DEBUG 1
#define LOCK_DEBUG 1
#define FOO_DEBUG 1
#undef IPC_DEBUG

Comments?

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: AW: Big 7.1 open items
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Misc. consequences of backend memory management changes