Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Can we get agreement to remove our secondary password files, and make
> something that makes more sense?

How about this: Normally secondary password files look like

username:ABS5SGh1EL6bk

We could add the option of making them look like

username:+

which means "look into pg_shadow". That would be fully backward
compatible, allows the use of alter user with password, and avoids
creating any extra system tables (that would need to be dumped to plain
text). And the coding looks very simple.