Re: Date or Documentation bug?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Date or Documentation bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mitterwald, Holger writes:

> I am not shure if I discovered a Date or a Documentation bug.... The
> Manpage says if postgres is started with the option "-e" it uses
> european date-style in the format "dd-mm-yyyy". But this only takes
> effekt if I select datestyle=Postgres instead of the default "ISO".
> With Datestyle=ISO it is always "yyyy-mm-dd", no matter if I choose US
> or European style. With this behavior the postgres option "-e" does
> rather make any sense to me.

The documentation is kind of unclear at that point. The
European/NonEuropean option (-e) controls

1) Whether the month is before the day or vice versa in the 'SQL' and
'Postgres' styles.

2) How ambiguous date input (e.g., 01/02/99) is to be interpreted
regarding month before day.

It does not affect the output of the ISO format, since the ISO format is
fixed.

> P.S.: Is there a way to change the Datestyle to Postgres without a
> SQL-Statement, e.g. ENV-Variable or config-file?

PGDATESTYLE environment variable. Config file I'm working on.