Re: Re: Gripe: working on configure now requires Automake installed locally

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: Gripe: working on configure now requires Automake installed locally
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> Okay, just to put my two cents in here ... when I played with libtool
> a little while back, it was my impression that *without* using
> automake, using libtool would be pretty hellish ...

It will be interesting, no doutb.

> ... but, shouldn't automake be a requirement on a developers machine if,
> and only if, they modify either the Makefile.am files *or*
> configure.in?  Like, it should only be a requirement for a select few of
> the developers?

The problem was that I was using the aclocal program, which comes with
automake and Tom didn't want to install that. In all truth, it doesn't do
*much* more than cat, so we use that for now.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
Сообщение: Re: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"