Re: New book on Postgres

От bill@wadley.org
Тема Re: New book on Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello! wers regarding a book proposal on

Regarding the book proposal on Postgres: I can tell you that the world
needs a Postgres book!

Specifically, I would like to see the following topics covered:

- table-inheritance: what does it mean, how does it work, examples
- regular expressions in queries: examples
- PL/pgSQL: thorough coverage and examples
- pg_options file: complete explanation of all options, and detailed coverage of performance-tuning and troubleshooting

- creating and adding new types/operators/etc.

The most important things to remember are:

1) We do not need another SQL book, we need a PostgreSQL book
2) examples, examples, examples

Thanks!

B-)

--