[OT] Book on Postgres (Not a question)

От Poet/Joshua Drake
Тема [OT] Book on Postgres (Not a question)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I know this is off topic but I thought you might like to know that
the following book explains how to compile, install and secure
postgresql.

It can be purchased from http://www.linuxports.com/ (just click on the
books) and 20% goes back to the OpenSource Documentation Fund.

THe Original Announcement:

This email is to announce the new OpenDocs Publication:
Securing and Optimizing Linux: RedHat Edition
Including with the book are the Linux Central CD's of:
RedHat 6.2RedHat 6.2 Powertools
The retail price for the book is 49.95 but if you preorder it
no the price is only 39.95!. And of course since it is an
OpenDocs Publication a percentage of the Gross Profits go
to the Open Source Documentation Fund.

Below is an abbreviated Table of Contents:

Linux Installation
Descriptions of programs packages we must uninstall for securities reasons
Descriptions of programs that must be uninstalled after installation of the server
Linux General Security
Linux General Optimization
Linux Kernel
Linux TCP/IP Network Management
Linux IPCHAINS
Linux Masquerading and Forwarding
Linux Compiler functionality
Linux sXid
Linux Logcheck
Linux PortSentry
Linux OpenSSH Client/Server
Linux SSH2 Client/Server
Linux Tripwire 2.2.1
Linux Tripwire ASR 1.3.1
Linux GnuPG
Set Quota on your Linux system
Linux DNS and BIND Server
Linux Sendmail Server (includes 8.10.1)
Linux IMAP & POP Server
Enable IMAP or POP via the tcp-wrappers inetd super server
Linux OPENSSL Server
Linux FreeS/WAN VPN
Linux OpenLDAP Server
Linux PostgreSQL Database Server
Linux Squid Proxy Server
Linux MM - Shared Memory Library for Apache
Linux Apache Web Server
Linux Webalizer
Linux FAQ-O-Matic
Linux Webmail IMP
Linux Samba Server
Linux FTP Server
Linux Backup and Restore
Tweaks, Tips and Administration tasks
Obtaining Requests for Comments (RFCs)

Thanks!

books@opendocspublishing.com

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt    - http://www.commandprompt.com    </COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.    - http://www.opendocs.org    </PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP        - http://www.linuxdoc.org    </WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: