Re: Problems with recent CVS versions and Solaris.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Problems with recent CVS versions and Solaris.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Ugh.  I think that the former version of the script didn't use
> conditional expressions (a ? b : c).  Perhaps old versions of
> awk don't have those?  If so we can probably work around it...

While you're at it, you should use AC_PROG_AWK to potentially find the
most modern and fastest awk on the system. Also, it seems that script has
really little to no checking of exit statuses. A segfault during initdb is
a really obscure place to find out about awk syntax errors.