INSTALL file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема INSTALL file
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
I just saw that the INSTALL file in the distribution is completely messed
up. Whatever happened to the nice one that used to be there?

For those who haven't been paying attention, the attached file is how it
should look.

Let me also point out that writing

  <para>
   <programlisting>
> gunzip postgresql-7.0.tar.gz
> tar -xf postgresql-7.0.tar
> mv postgresql-7.0 /usr/src
   </programlisting>

should probably be avoided in favour of

<programlisting>
> gunzip postgresql-7.0.tar.gz
> tar -xf postgresql-7.0.tar
> mv postgresql-7.0 /usr/src
</programlisting>

because otherwise you get an extra blank line (for a total of two) after
each programlisting -- automatic indentation be damned.

Btw., is programlisting really the right sort of tag for this? We're not
doing "A literal listing of all or part of a program" (sic DocBook).

Вложения