Re: RE: One last thing... psql and readline

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RE: One last thing... psql and readline
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael S. Kelly writes:

> I've got the same problem with readline and psql using 7.0 RC1.
>
> I found that there was something odd when ran configure.  Here's the
> readline stuff I grepped out of config.cache:
>
>   ac_cv_header_readline_h=${ac_cv_header_readline_h='no'}
>   ac_cv_header_readline_history_h=${ac_cv_header_readline_history_h='yes'}
>   ac_cv_header_readline_readline_h=${ac_cv_header_readline_readline_h='yes'}
>   ac_cv_lib_readline_main=${ac_cv_lib_readline_main='yes'}
>   ac_cv_lib_readline_using_history=${ac_cv_lib_readline_using_history='yes'}
>
> Notice that the first line still says "no".  Looks to me like it wants to
> find readline.h in /usr/include, as well as, /usr/include/readline.  Could
> this be the source of the problem?

No, this is part of the solution. :) Across various versions of readline
the header files are either #include <readline.h> or #include
<readline/readline.h>, apparently for you the latter is the case.

I'm amazed that this won't enable readline support in psql. You can look
at src/include/config.h if the corresponding macros are defined
(HAVE_READLINE_READLINE_H and HAVE_LIBREADLINE). The other end of this is
src/bin/psql/input.[hc], perhaps you want to run the .c through the
preprocessor and see what happens. What readline version do you have? Did
it work in 6.5.*?