Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kardos, Dr. Andreas writes:

> 2. FOO="`echo "$BAR"`"
>
> This construct I have found working on QNX4, Digital Unix, SunOS and Linux.
> But the problem seems not to be so simple. After removing the backslashes
> from the old pg_dumpall it didn't work any more on Digital Unix! So the
> escaped double quotes make sense somewhere in some context.

I'm inclined to say that it should work but probably doesn't everywhere.
But I need to fix this because all the scripts currently contain ``
sequences that need to be double-quoted because otherwise they will fail
if the installation path contains whitespace. (See those ${PATHNAME}
things.)

For now I might have to resort to yanking that PATHNAME logic again and
use the new pg_dumpall since it appears to magically work.