Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kardos, Dr. Andreas writes:

> The pg_dumpall script is not compatible with 7.0 psql and createdb.

I've fixed up the logic and it seems to work but I attach it here so you
can try it because I don't have a reasonably-sized database around right
now.

Regarding the quoting, I'm inclined to say that
    FOO="`echo "$BAR"`"
style constructs are okay but I'd like to hear from anyone that thinks (or
knows) otherwise. At first I thought
    echo "$BAR" | read FOO
might do the trick but for some reason I couldn't get it to work.

I'd be interested in a definite solution to this because it seems some
other shell scripts in the tree suffer from similar problems.