Re: [SQL] Strange error message with 7.0beta1

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [SQL] Strange error message with 7.0beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kyle Bateman writes:

> When trying to load my data from a 6.5 pg_dump, I got the error message:
>
> psql:/tmp/ati-tmp.sql:87: ERROR:  Tuple is too big: size 8164, max size
> 8140

> CREATE TABLE "exp_log" (

> CREATE TABLE "whold_log" (

> CREATE TABLE "payroll_log" (

> CREATE RULE "_RETpayroll_log" AS
>         ON SELECT TO "payroll_log"
>         DO INSTEAD
>         SELECT  "e"."expnum",
[ a lot ]
>         FROM "exp_log" "e", "whold_log" "w"
>         WHERE ("e"."etype" = 'p'::"varchar")
>         AND ("e"."expnum" = "w"."expnum");
>
> As the SQL was generated by a previous copy of PostgreSQL, I figured it
> might be a problem with the 7.0beta1.

Due to some internal changes the rule descriptor (so to speak) has
expanded in its size so now it doesn't fit within a tuple anymore. There
were some changes done in this area just the other day, so you might want
to get a later beta and try it out. (I think they make these every night.)