psql and Control-C

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема psql and Control-C
Дата
ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Some people have indicated that they don't like how psql currently handles
Control-C if no query is in progress. I consider the behaviour of the
shells desirable but, quite frankly, I don't know how to do it.

For some reason a readline'd session always wants me to press one more key
after Control-C before getting back to a clean prompt. A much bigger
problem is that if I don't use/have readline then I don't see a way to
preempt the fgets() call.

So unless someone has a hint or wants to look at it, I could offer
ignoring the signal altogether in interactive mode, and perhaps make it
stop scripts in the other case. (Leaving the query cancelling as is, of
course.)

Actually, shouldn't a Ctrl-C in a script cancel the query *and* stop the
script at all times?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big changeu