Re: [HACKERS] Foreign keys: unexpected result from ALTER TABLE... ADD CONSTRAINT...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Foreign keys: unexpected result from ALTER TABLE... ADD CONSTRAINT...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2000-01-17, Jan Wieck mentioned:

>      So Peter, if you're working on ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT, let it
>      setup the appropriate RI triggers. Look at analyze.c how to do so.

My priority is actually ALTER TABLE / DROP COLUMN, at least in a crude
'use at your own risk, all your defaults and constraints are gone' way if
I can't figure it out better by then. The ALTER TABLE / ALTER COLUMN /
SET|DROP DEFAULT was just a by-product.

I have been looking into all this ALTER TABLE code (or at least similar
code which it would have to peruse, since there is not a lot of ALTER
TABLE code) and I think I have a good understanding of what would need to
happen, but I don't think I want to risk that now. (After all, I just
_think_ I understand it.) We'll see.