Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2000-01-15, Tom Lane mentioned:

> I have repaired the most recently introduced coredump in pg_dump,
> but it still crashes on the regression test database.

Which brings up the idea why the regression tests don't test pg_dump. It's
just as important to people as the backend. psql already gets tested more
or less. Would it not be a decent idea to do a

pg_dump regress > out
diff out expected.out

at the end of the tests? That way we could catch these problems
earlier. (Especially since I'm not sure how many people use pg_dump at all
during development.)