Re: While Using COPY COMMAND ...

От Bhuvan A
Тема Re: While Using COPY COMMAND ...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
hello sirs,,

the permission of '/tmp/' directory is
drwxrwxrwt  41 root     root        12288 Jul  6 14:01 /tmp/

the permission of the file copied to '/tmp/' directory is
-rw-r--r--   1 postgres users         399 Jul  6 12:01
/tmp/fap-table

Sir, as you mentioned if it is not possible to copy to a
home directory, then how can we able to redirect the result
of some queries to any possible file in home directory!!???

Example:

bhuvan=# \o select-output
bhuvan=# select * from stdcodes;
bhuvan=#

NOTE: I am really new to postgres, kindly apologize for any
inconvince in my submission.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,
Bhuvaneswar.

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, David Stanaway wrote:

> On Friday, July 6, 2001, at 04:35  PM, Bhuvan A wrote:
>

> > hello sirs,,
> >
> > I am using PSQL client. I can able to copy the contents of a
> > table to '/tmp/' directory. But Why can't i able to copy
> > contents of a table to my home directory?
>
> My guess is that user/group postgres can't write to your home directory.
>
> Who owns the file you copied to /tmp ?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> David Stanaway
> Technology Manager  -  Australia's Premier Internet Broadcasters
> david@NetVentures.com.au     Office +612 9357 1699

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ConnecDB() -- couldn't send SSL negotiation packet:
Сообщение: Re: ConnecDB() -- couldn't send SSL negotiation packet: