Re: Auto Increment

От
Тема Re: Auto Increment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I had looked everywhere to find the answer to this question.  Now that I
look at the FAQ again I see it in there.  I tryed searching the FAQ for
"auto increment" when it turns out to be "auto-increment" on the FAQs
page.  Being a MySQL user who was dead ended and had no choice but to find
a new database with Transactions or something simliar because of MySQL's
limitations I had several questions that seemed difficult to find during
the switchover.

1. Auto increment - now serial datatype

2. 'SHOW TABLES' in mysql - now '\d' (I got lucky to stumble apon this.)

3. 'DESCRIBE' in mysql - now '\d tablename' (same as above.)

As more people realize MySQL's limitations I think there will be more
people making the switchover.  As a result I'm sure many people find
themselves asking the same questions I did.  I would recommend these 3
things be easy to find the the FAQ for MySQL familiar users.

My 2 cents...