First draft of pg_group admin tool.

От jscottb@www.lowcountry.com
Тема First draft of pg_group admin tool.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well this is my first post to this list, so be gentle ;-).  With it I hope
we will be able to do most group amin, without going into psql.  It has
the following syntax:

usage: pg_group options -- dB group [user ...] || [table ...]
where options is one of:-c create group-d delete group-a add user(s) to group-r remove user(s) to group+g give group
accessto tables-g revoke group access to tables-p privlages to grant/revoke. This is only used with the +g and -g

options.-- end of switches.
examples:pg_group -c -- guestbook grp_gstbook_usr nobody tuxpg_group -a -- guestbook grp_gstbook_usr webuserpg_group -d
--guestbook grp_gstbook_usrpg_group -r -- guestbook grp_gstbook_usr nobodypg_group +g -p "insert,select" -- guestbook
grp_gstbook_usrgstbookpg_group -g -p "insert" -- guestbook grp_gstbook_usr gstbook

I have attched the pg_group script src (it's in tcl), I hope It will make
it and it was not a bad thing to do so, if not you can get it from:
http://www.lowcountry.com/~jscottb/pg_group.tar.gz

If you have any questions, comments, patches or total rewrites email me
at: jscottb@infoave.com

scott