Re: [GENERAL] Dynamic update

От Simon Drabble
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Dynamic update
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> hi...
>
> just tested this:
>
> > UPDATE member SET votes count(votes) FROM ballot WHERE id = 1 ;
> >
> > (I can't test right now but I don't see why this wouldn't work ...)
>
> genisys=> UPDATE members SET phone1 = deadmem.phone1 FROM deadmem WHERE deadmem.id_num = 7356 and
> genisys-> members.id_num = 100;
> UPDATE 1
>
> with an '=' and defining which field belongs to which table it works! =)  kudos
> to alain...
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> Sys Admin

Thanks Aaron (and others), that got it - I was missing the table. part of the
column specifier, and also I was trying to update an empty table - oops.

I knew there had to be a way - thanks once again.

Simon

--
 "Linux - open doors, not windows."

   Simon Drabble                      It's like karma for your brain.
   simon@eskimo.com