Re: [DOCS] Business Plan for PostgreSQL book?

От Clark C. Evans
Тема Re: [DOCS] Business Plan for PostgreSQL book?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I guess I figured that if we were going to do a collaborative book, we
> would have done that with our documentation already.

Seveal Reasons:

(a) we didn't have the goal to write a book for profit, (b) we didn't
have a business model, (c) we didn't have a leader.

Seems we have all three now:

(a) Lots of people seem to have latched on to the goal, and it is
apparant that there is significant demand. (b) The business model
is there, it may not be perfect, but we can nail that down once we
have experience.   Everyone I've met in PostgreSQL is resonable;
the inital agreement will be loose, as the book progresses the
agreement can be tightened down as needed.  (c) We have a *sweet*
leader, Bruce Momjian, he has proven to be on top of things -- a
man with not only great vision, but the drive to make things tick.

Are you ready to delegate?

Clark

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Business Plan for PostgreSQL book?
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Business Plan for PostgreSQL book?